Core: Anatomy of the inner you.
Your core. What is it really? Your abdominals? Your pelvis? How do your feet connect to your core? Discover the answers for yourself. Become a core explorer at, CORE: Anatomy of the inner you, October 28 & November 4 at Green Room Yoga.
Time & Location
Nov 04, 2023, 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Vancouver, 2645 E Hastings St, Vancouver, BC V5K 1Z6, Canada
About the event
When I say, “core” what’s the first thing you think of?
An apple core? The molten core of the Earth? Or a hard-bodied man with a chiseled 6-pack on the cover of Men’s Fitness?
If you think like I used to, you read ‘core’ and you think about the abdominals (plus or minus the men’s magazine). Because if you’ve lived long enough (or should I say sat long enough) you’ve probably had your share of low back issues, and chances are when you saw someone for help with that, they told you to do some ab crunches, aka ‘core work’.
Well, what would you say if I told you that the notion of abs = core is false? And that in truth your abs, likely have very little to do with your back pain? And that, with the exception of the men’s magazine cliche, my current understanding of the core actually includes all of the above – the abs, apple core, earth’s core, and more.
Why would I say such blasphemous things?
Through several decades of study, practice, and experience as a movement and yoga teacher I've come to see, firsthand, that what’s at the ‘core’ of our core is not a muscle or a group of muscles for that matter – but a relationship.
“Huh?”, you say. “A relationship that includes, abs, apples, the molten core of the earth, and more?”
Learn more at CORE: Anatomy of the inner you and find out what's at the core of the matter – for you!
In workshop one on Saturday, October 28th we will explore:
- The anatomy of the myofascial deep front line.
- Core activating breath techniques.
- Ways you can align your core more effectively with the Earth.
- Yoga flows and myofascial ball rolling that will activate and release the core – all the way from your feet to your jaw.
- Hands-on guidance, personalized instruction, and body reading.
- Fun, interactive exercises to wake up your ‘earth to core’ connection in a relationship.
- Contemplative practices to engage with what’s at the core of your core - YOU.
In workshop two on Saturday, November 4th we will explore.
- The subtler yogic anatomy of the energy systems (Chakras) that reside along our core (Sushumna or Central Channel) and their corresponding connection to the nervous and endocrine systems in Western Anatomy.
- Breath and yoga asana techniques to enliven our connection to these centres.
- The invisible but scientifically established anatomy of the body’s electromagnetic or toric field and how it relates to our core.
- Ways that we can learn to reside more fully and wholly inside the core of our being and not be pulled ‘off centre’ by the things that are happening in our lives.
- Simple do-able practices that we can do every day to stay ‘core connected’ all day and every day – no matter what.
- Hands-on guidance, personalized instruction, and clear instruction.
- Fun, interactive exercises – always!
Price for one, 3 hr workshop $75
Price for both days $130
To avoid service charges on my website e-transfer email@example.com with a note in the transfer for who its from and which dates!
Space is limited to 10 people / workshop. The last workshop sold out quickly so don’t delay. Secure your spot in the workshop today.
ABOUT YOUR TEACHER
Delia's capacity to witness and support the boundless elegance within you coming into fuller expression is the gift she brings to both her teaching and her art. Because, while her 30+ years as a dance artist taught her how to take risks and dive deep in pursuit of a vision, you could say her 20+ years as a yoga teacher has taught her how to stay balanced and focussed amidst the ensuing chaos!
"My journey with yoga began 24 years ago but the unique approach I bring to my classes today, actually began long before that. Just like you, I am a fusion of many practices, teachers and influences. Yet, chief among them has been dance – more specifically, contact dance – a form of improvised dance that foregrounds an embodied, moment to moment experience of the natural laws of physics, which I have been practicing and teaching for over 35 years.
But, to give credit where credit is due, it wasn’t until I began studying the work of Thomas Myers and the Anatomy Trains, 14 yrs ago that I finally developed the language I needed to communicate more effectively about, what was, up until then, a more of a felt understanding of physics. From there, I organically gravitated toward study with Yoga teacher, Sadie Nardini, who also teaches within a ‘myofascial perspective’, that reflects what it is it be an evolving being, moving inside a complex web of internal and external forces. Finally. through my most recent studies with Yoga teacher, Dr. Sue Morter I have been deepening & integrating my embodied understanding of classical physics with an embodied experience of quantum physics as it relates to yoga and mind/body/breath harmonizing practices."
ABOUT HER CLASSES
These days, post-pandemic, she is more inspired to guide awareness through movement, stillness and breath back to the elemental spark of joy – the spirit of play and experimentation that is inside of any mind/body practice. Because she believes when we cultivate an inner posture of curiosity and wonder in all we do, we can become innocent again – with ourselves and the world around us. And that is how we can develop the insights and capacities we need to thrive inside of our increasingly complex world.”
CORE: Anatomy of the Inner You
Registration ticketFrom $75.00 to $130.00
- $75.00+$1.88 service fee
- $130.00+$3.25 service fee